Rooibos2Muisbos is an untimed 1-day Mountain Biking event which take place this morning, Saturday 14 November 2020 at the Carmien Factory, Bergendal farm, Citrusdal. The 107km ride has a total elevation of 1100m.
The Long ride of 107km starts at the Carmién Factory at Bergendal farm, on the Paleisheuwel Road, Piekenierskloof, Citrusdal,and the Short ride of 38km starts at Graafwater High School in Graafwater.
The scenic route passes over many privately owned farms and is non technical. It is suitable for mountain-, gravel- and e-bikes.
From Graafwater to Lambert's Bay
The 38km ride starts in Graafwater at the Graafwater High School and departs in the direction of Lambert’s Bay.
Graafwater is one of the smaller towns on the West Coast and is located in the heart of the Sandveld. The short route promises to be a relatively easy 38km on a mountain, gravel or e-bike.
The route travels through 28 private farms, each with their own unique history and promises to make you smile all the way from Graafwater to the finish at Lambert’s Bay.
The route is non- technical and is ideally suited for the beginner/intermediate rider with a basic level of fitness.
The route follows the old original gravel road between Graafwater and Lambert's Bay and has an elevation of only 140m. We will serve you with one water point en-route and one at the finish.
The 38km is also the last stretch of the 107km ride.
At 70km the 107km route joins the 38km route at Graafwater.
There was 4 water points en-route.
The 107km is recommended for the experienced longer distance riders.
Other important information
· Cederberg Municipality fully supports the event
· The event is fully covid-19 compliant and all necessary measures are taken to protect participants from contracting Covid-19
· In 2019 the first edition of the event attracted roughly 450 participants, and in 2020 there will approximately 1000 people taking part in the event, over the 2 distances.
· The significance of an event like the Rooibos2Muisbos can be appraised by fact that just about all the accommodation establishments in Citrusdal, Clanwilliam and even Citrusdal are fully booked.
· The impact of this event in terms of the financial injection into the region is enormous.
· The event is showing significant growth, and all indications are that the Rooibos2Muisbos MTB is set to become one of the key events on the annual events calendar for Cederberg.
The finish was at Muisbosskerm, Lambert’s Bay.Last published 14 November 2020