IMPORTANT NOTICE 16/1/5
WATER RESTRICTION MEASURES FOR CEDERBERG
The following measures, amongst, other normal measures, will apply:
Restriction Level 1
- Watering: hosepipe / sprinklers: Watering with municipal water only allowed on Tuesdays and Saturdays before 09H00 or after 18H00 for a maximum of 1 hour per day per property.
- Watering: drippers/drip, line/soaker hose or bucket / watering can: Watering with municipal drinking water allowed any day of the week before 9H00 or after 18H00.
- Sports fields / parks (sprinklers): Watering with municipal drinking water using sprinklers and hose pipes only allowed on Tuesdays and Fridays before 09H00 or after 18H00. Hosepipes must be fitted with a self-closing spray nozzle.
- Swimming pools: Topping up or filling of swimming pools with municipal drinking water allowed subject to:
• The pool being covered with a non-permeable solid pool cover when not in use.
• Recovery of backwash water and the use of rainwater for pool topping up where practically possible.
- Washing Vehicles (private & informal car washes): Washing vehicles, caravans and boats with municipal drinking water allowed using a bucket or a high pressure, low volume cleaner.
- Washing Vehicles (commercial car washes): Commercial car washes may use municipal drinking water subject to industry best practice water conservation norms and recycling of at least 50% of water used
- Water features: Allowed
Your cooperation will be highly appreciated.
Last published 02 November 2020